See the Leu House decked-out this holiday season! This historic 11-room estate will be adorned with holiday trimmings, Christmas trees and unique decorations. We have partnered with area designers to bring the holidays to the Leu House Museum.
These designers include:
- The Craft Shack
- Lafayette & Rushford Home
- A.Clore Interiors
- Magnolias & Vine
- Tied with a Bow By Ruth
- Seminole State College Department of Interior Design
- American Society of Interior Designers- Florida North
- Cut simple shapes out of old book pages to create garland for the tree. For example, stars and angel wings are easy shapes for younger kids. String the papers with twine or ribbon.
- Various holiday rubber stamps and ink pads can be used to “print” your own wrapping paper. Use brown craft paper and muslin to create a home-spun look.
- Create a focal point – A simple wreath or garland to your front door to welcome all guests and holiday visitors in seasonal spirit.
- Add pillows – Mix up your throw pillows by adding more cushions in holiday colors or themes.
- When decorating your tree, a great trick is to use ribbon. This is a colorful way to change it up!
- Weave ribbon through your tree to hide holes and gaps. For a more formal look, tie some bows and place throughout the tree.
Docent led tours of the house are available every 30 minutes starting at 10:00 a.m. with the last tour at 3:30 p.m. each day. Special classes will be offered on how to make amazing holiday decorations and wreaths, visit http://www.leugardens.org/classes/ for more information.