See the historic Leu House decorated for the holidays! Local interior designers will spruce and illuminate the 11-room estate with holiday trimmings, Christmas trees and amazing decorations to create an enchanting Christmas for all to enjoy!
The creative and amazing designers are:
- The Craft Shack
- Lafayette & Rushford Home
- A.Clore Interiors
- Magnolias & Vine
- Tied with a Bow By Ruth
- Seminole State College Department of Interior Design
- American Society of Interior Designers- Florida North
- Over the Moon Events & Rentals Inc.
Decorating Tips from the Leu House Museum:
- Place vintage ornaments on a cake stand or serving tray nestle in leaves under the ornaments and use as a centerpiece.
- Tie silver bells with ribbon and hang from the front doorknob.
- Create a focal point – A simple wreath or garland to your front door to welcome all guests and holiday visitors in seasonal spirit.
- Make a “curtain” of vintage ornaments: cut a length of ribbon one foot longer than the length of the window; tie to a tension rod fitted in the frame. String on ornaments, knotting them in place about 5 inches apart. Repeat across the window, staggering the ornaments.
- Place artifical holly, evergreens, or mistletoe in clear glass jars or vases to make a table decoration. Group various sizes and shapes together for a stronger statement.
- Turn holiday-theme scrapbooking papers into an inexpensive tabletop display. Cut and fold papers to create simple cone “trees” of different sizes. Secure seams with double-sided tape.
Docent led tours of the house are available every 30 minutes starting at 10:00 a.m. with the last tour at 3:30 p.m. each day. Special holiday classes will be offered on wreath making and holiday gifts, please visit http://www.leugardens.org/classes/ for more information.